30 December 2021

How could I express all my gratitude? I'll keep trying...

  • having Chris Tomlin's My Soul Magnifies the Lord in my head and heart most of this advent season
  • delicious Christmas Eve meal with Yaya and Grandaddy and the Whitts
  • Yaya's thoughtful and generous gift giving
  • laughter over (and in) the purple Comfy
  • huge "hershey kisses" - and especially the words written on the white paper thingy
  • Christmas Eve stroll with Yaya and Caroline
  • christmas cinnamon roll cake + coffee (and one to take with us!)
  • Brandon Lake's song Gratitude
  • playlist from Eli.  it's so good. 
  • gifts from mama Melinda
  • "my worth is wrapped up not in what I achieve but in who I am in God's cosmic knowing." - Kayla Craig
  • sweet moments by the fire
  • "God is not dead not does He sleep." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • "you let us hold you in our arms" - from a prayer read on Christmas morning 
  • Peaceful, easy, wonderful Christmas Morning and day and day after Christmas and day after that....


  • Papa, Lane, Laura Lane, Amy and Wil all here safe and sound
  • table full of incredible folks and food
  • watching someone (2 someones) open a gift made especially for them
  • help with the washing of dishes
  • festivus cookie cake (and korean food)
  • plenty of PT (porch time) with Lane
  • finally reading Eugenia Price books
  • good questions to ponder as 2021 comes to a close: