25 November 2021

such a good day to give thanks

  • my kind and capable husband who makes it easy to get out of town for a couple of days
  • 4 fun and fabulous kids to hang out with on Monday (and a great reminder that I don't want to be a preschool teacher)(every once in a while is just fine)
  • absolutely incredible girls trip to St. Simons
  • a weekend of being lavished with love, generosity and friendship (in one of my favorite places on the planet)
  • exploring a part of St. Simons that I didn't really know existed (I kind of thought it stopped right around Ft. Fredrica)
  • beautiful Spanish moss
  • 2 runs and multiple walks
  • buffalo chicken dip and other fun football game snacks
  • Amanda's apple dumplings (and the apple dumpling dance)
  • I got to watch the UGA game - thanks to Christal and Shelley and Carey (and 2 nicks)
  • one on one time with each friend on the trip 
  • intense taboo and easy going skyjo
  • SWEET MAMA'S (sonny's delights not pictured...but thoroughly enjoyed)
  • sunday morning sharing/praying/church
  • starburst wrapper crafting 
  • CRAB TRAP she crab soup
  • figured out a way to do the thankful list (it's always a bit ironic that thanksgiving day is one of the trickiest for posting my list)
  • molly's dressing making and sharing skillz
  • Eli is such a great human (I love that CFA recognizes that :))
  • incredible thanksgiving. I love this holiday...and the family and friends who gather at the cabin...and the food...and the weather was perfect....
  • everything turned out just fine. 
  • kicking off Christmas with a family viewing of Christmas Vacation with the one and only uncle lane (his laughter is about as good as the movie itself)