20 December 2018

thankful things and a bonus explanation


  • 2 hour nap. glorious
  • quiet time by the Christmas tree
  • ruth's DELIGHT over the singing cat card from the price's (it's so fun when the perfect card is given!)

    • we're waiting IN God, not ON God. - nick 
    • jumping on the trampoline with LJ
    • traditional "riding around looking at lights" outing (and a stop at ludy's lights!)


    • Christmas doesn't have to be complicated
    • hot cuppa coffee
    • good use for sequins with the sweetest of company in Jacob and AB Baby (wish I could capture the sparkle)

    • date night date night date night.  always thankful. 
    • sharing a song in the carport. "when we're together, that's my favorite place to be." - sleeping at last's version of the song from Olaf's Frozen Adventure)
    • beautiful avett brothers' lyrics (and finding pretty pictures of those lyrics)

    • fairy houses and gingerbread houses and sweet friends for Emma to share it all with
    • walking up the driveway at night in December (Christmas lights are just lovely)
    • Cynthia's gingerbread man gift


    Bonus:

    a cappuccino blast holding friend's comment made me realize that I may need to explain one of the items from my thankful list a couple of weeks ago - "pick up lines in the pick up line" - no, I'm not being hit on in the pick up line at LJ's school (I did have one guy one time about 15 years ago at a stop light throw a pick up line my way...but that's about it for me and pick up lines for all of time.  I'm not the kind of girl that attracts pick up lines...and I am perfectly happy about that :)), nor am I hitting on anyone in the pick up line at Pineridge.   

    I don't feel obligated to explain...but I thought most of you who actually read my blog would enjoy hearing this randomness.  (on that note, if you ever want another item explained, DEFINITELY email me!!!  diannacash@yahoo.com. I'm so happy to share anything and everything.)

    "pick up lines from the pick up line" is my amusement - it's a silly gift God has shared with me to make a potentially frustrating chore quite enjoyable.  I have a source (that I will not share) full of hundreds of pick up lines and I pick one or 2 and to share via Marco Polo (messaging app) with a few of my Macro Polo-ing friends.  The lines are ri.di.cu.lous.  

    For example, "You've been in my thoughts so much you may need to start paying rent."  or "Are we in a museum? because you are a piece of art."  So good!!!!!  

    It's really just a silly silly game that makes me laugh...and I hope it makes the ones who receive them laugh (they say it does).  I know a gal who really loves Jesus and shares "pick up line prayers"...I really love Jesus...but I'm sharing pick up lines instead.  :) 

    by the way, cappuccino blast holding friends are simply the best.