12 June 2018

our house and home

I really love it when something I do for one thing can then be used for something else.  My favorite was when that happened in college - a paper or project for one class could be reworked to be useful for another assignment. (work smarter, not harder!  use the research you've already done!)

The other day someone asked if I would post pictures of our house - they referenced the fact that we had shared pictures of our cabins while we were on the ship and that they would love to see our "cabin" now.  

As part of the foster care application process we've had to do lots of things. (If the world is lucky I may share my drug testing story someday.  We'll see.)  One of the things we had to do was take pictures of our house and provide a drawing of the general layout (Here's Eli's drawing!):
And the pictures, if you're interested.  My apologies that the lighting isn't perfect for the pictures...I was just glad to get them done while the house was neat and all the various areas were tidy at the same time.  The kitchen, living room and dining room are all one big room....
Kitchen
Our Table! (and the door to the boys' room)
Living Room (that couch is not my favorite - it's an awesome couch...just wish it was gray....but I'm still grateful to have a couch!)
Nick's and my room 
The Boys' Room
Caroline's (and apparently Sprinkles') room
Emma's Room
Bathroom between the girls' rooms
Hallway Bathroom
Sunporch
#iwishitwasalwaysthisstraight  for real.

Our house is not perfect - nor is our home! But it is more than adequate.  More than enough.  It's home and we are grateful.  I read a quote this past week that I really like..."Home...it's a feeling of being loved and wanted."  Our hope and prayer is that every person in our home - whether permanent or temporary - always feels loved and wanted.

Surely there will be more to come.