11 June 2017

daughters.

Once upon a time I didn't think I would ever have a daughter (much less 2 of them).  My main reason for this thinking?  I do not know how to fix hair.  Valid, I know.

Secondary reasons included (but are not limited to) the fact that I'm not only not into hair, I'm also not into make up or clothing either.  In addition, I rather like sports and jeans and simple.  And to top it all off, I don't do well with drama and complicated.

But God has trusted me with daughters and the braid the other day reminded me of that.
God has trusted me with daughters and I rather like it.  I've been realizing more and more that being a mom to girls doesn't have all that much to do with hair and make up and sports and jeans.  Yes, there is drama at times and it is complicated...but what relationship isn't?

God has trusted me with daughters...and one of the greatest privileges I've ever known is getting to speak Life and Truth into their hearts and lives (the very Truths I'm still learning):

  • they are more than what they eat or what size clothes they wear.
  • being healthy matters far more than being a certain size.
  • they are welcome to be who God has made them to be - regardless of who/what others around them are being.
  • they are strong and are free to be strong.
  • comparisons are stupid and comparing just leads to pride or jealousy...neither of which are very admirable character traits.
  • they are so loved and so valuable....by me...by their daddy...and, far more than they'll ever be able to comprehend, by their Creator and Father God.

God has trusted me with daughters, and they are wonderful women.  I am privileged to be their mother.  I hope when they grow up, they have daughters who are as wonderful as they are.

And come to find out, I'm not so bad at hair afterall.



The braids and such aren't perfect...but they are way better than I ever imagined they'd be...

I suppose that's much like mothering in general - far from perfect but way better than I ever imagined it would be...(good thing God was never expecting perfection!).

I don't always get it right...but God has trusted me with daughters and I am forever grateful.

What is He trusting you with?  daughters? sons? a  combination?

What is He trusting you with? the heartache of infertility? a  prolonged adoption process?

What is He trusting you with? something that has nothing to do with children...marriage...singleness...aging parents...big decisions...obedience in the ordinary...sickness...the loss of a valuable person in your life - by death or betrayal or circumstances...forgiveness...walking with people in any of the above situations...

I love that we can trust Him with whatever it is He is trusting us with...