11 November 2016

5 minutes on the word of the week: passion

The Marvelous Molly gave me two word options well over a month ago: passion or regret.  I didn't know what I would write about either (which is kind of the point of this little writing exercise....don't think, just write.  Or as Andy Dwyer says "don't think.  just stupid.")  So then I just didn't write. #regret  But this morning I have the time and space to write...so I'm gonna go with.....
Passion
Justine snapped this picture Tuesday night:
It may not look like a picture full of passion...it's a whole lot more parking lot than passion....but it's actually got passion written all over it.  This is us...heading out for a date.  Nothing fancy.  Nothing earth shattering or remarkable - except that it is remarkable.  I love the man I'm married to.  And, while I'm not sure that should actually be categorized as remarkable, I think it IS remarkable.  

We love our marriage...and date night has been a constant part of our marriage - even before we had kids.  We need date night.  I'd even go so far as to say we are passionate about date night.  The time to connect - and reconnect - with one another is essential in our friendship and in our passion.

Need more passion in your marriage?  Go on a date.

So much more could (and should!) be said on this subject...but my 5 minutes is long gone.