24 May 2011

blast from the past

so this was a "note" that i wrote on facebook a while back -- it was one of those "make a list of 16 things that people don't know about you" things....i re-read it...parts made me smile...parts made me laugh...parts made me thankful. thought it might be fun to share it again. updates are in orange.

1 – i hate and love things like this. i hate them because i immediately want to come up with THE most interesting things…the things that no one else knows…and i hate them because i don’t think there’s much about me that people don’t know…but then i love them because there IS stuff that people don’t know…and these things make me think…and help me realize that i really am happy to be me. still true.

2 – i love drinking from coffee mugs…no matter the drink…ironically, coffee may be one of my least favorite things to drink from a coffee mug. i haven't been drinkng as much from coffee mugs these days...just good old plastic cups. i still enjoy coffee mugs...just not quite as much.

3 - i cry every time i hear “i’m proud to be an american” (and i feel silly for crying every time…that lee greenwood will get you – I think that’s his name) still true.

4 - i’m taking 6 vitamins every day in the hopes that when i get pregnant again our baby will be whole and healthy. no more vitamins for me! i should still be taking them....but i don't have quite as much motiviation. our baby was indeed healthy and whole...now we're praying for another one that will be healthy and whole (or that God will bring wholeness to through our family). i wish there were adoption vitamins i could be taking.

5 - i like to watch the TV show “House”…nothing else. i haven't watched "house" in a while....i still consider it my favorite TV show -- but is it really my favorite if i never watch it any more? the tv may feel neglected for lack of use in my life.

6 – nick says that i talk in my sleep (the stuff I say is interesting…and incoherent) still true.

7 – it makes me so sad that the price of stamps keeps going up and up and up…letter writing really is going to be a lost art (mrs. parrish was right)…and getting a fun note in the mail is going to happen less than it already does. still true....but the post office has really improved on the "fun nature" of their stamps. way to go! (and i have a couple of fabulous friends who are faithful to send real mail every now and then. thank you!!!!)

8 – bad smells in my house stress me out. they really bother me. this is still true...though we haven't had any bad smells (ie - dead things, leaky pipes, etc.) for a while. wahoo!

9 – i really like the way beer smells. i’ve never tasted it…unless you count when I was about 4 years old and would sneak sips from my dad’s -- i tried to drink as much as i thought i could without him noticing. still true.

10 – i could lay in bed and read karen kingsbury or lori wick books ALL day long if life permitted. i don't know about allll day. i could lay in bed all day...but the book quality may need to be improved upon (though i certainly still enjoy these ladies' writing. mindless, wholesome entertainment...that God uses to bless me!)(just waiting for the re-writes from mr. collins)

11 – i am particularly fond of haribo gummi bears, strawberry mentos and white chocolate covered pretzels these days. very true. and we can add hot tamales to the list (and could possibly take off white chocolate covered pretzels...i like them...but haven't had them lately)

12 – bunco is turning out to be a whole lot more fun than i ever anticipated (i think it helps that i haven’t lost any money yet...i’m still $45 on the plus side) my bunco days are over.

13 – i ride a scooter to work every tuesday and thursday morning…and the helmet is huge. my scooter days are over.

14 – my mom told me that she was surprised at what a good mom i’m turning out to be because i never played with baby dolls. she still comments on how surprising it is that i'm a "good mom."

15 – i held a state track record in high school yup.

16 – i really like to watch pro bull riding and listen to r&b music (not at the same time) now i like to do the 2 at the same time. just kidding. i haven't seen any bull riding lately...though i still like it...and my r&b like is still there - just not visited often.